r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio Fall Round Up - Maumee Bay State Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:25am
CHICKEN RANCH EAST

I am sorry that you will not be able to attend.  I am sure that there will be other roundups in this area that you will be able to attend.  Thanks so much for the pictures.  Looks like we will have a wonderful area in the center of the circle to gather.

SANDPIPER

Thanks for the Boost. Clap  Rick and I are really looking forward to seeing all you guys again.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:53am
CHICKEN RANCH:

Sorry to hear the Evil Empire pulled an Ace.
Sounds like the Roundup will be fun, we also wish we could attend.

"take your little camper out next weekend" sounds like the advice of one totally in the dark.
Trypod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:19am
Steve and I are looking forward to the round up at Maumee Bay.  Is there anything we can do to help? We could bring our "crafts" for prizes if you would like us to.  Wish we could be there to go to the islands with you but will be there late afternoon on Friday to see you when you return.  ^_^ 

Sally
Sally and Steve
Bichon Sylvie
R Pod 171
Jeep Grand Cherokee
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:26am
THINGS TO DO NEAR MAUMEE
I  found this website for events happening near Maumee.  I hope you can open it.

Confused Ok I tried to open this!!  Help!!! Someone fix the link and then tell me what I am doing wrong.
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:31am
Trying again with the website:

There is also a Lighthouse and Island Cruise aboard the Jet Express on September 24.  The cost is $55 and they suggest that you make your reservation a week ahead.  Go to www.Jet-Express.com for the information on the cruise.  The boat is enclosed so we would not have to worry about the temperature that day.  There is also a viewing area on the top of the boat which is not enclosed. They also ferry people over to the islands and back on a regular schedule.   The cost is $28 round trip.  I do know that you can go over for much less on the Miller Ferry.

R Pod 172

swmbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swmbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:08pm
Love your avatar!
Mark & Beth :: Chevy Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: Roundup site #198
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:45pm
Ohio State Parks Maumee Bay State Park, near Toledo, is one of the best campfire destinations in the US! Other parks named include Yosemite and Shenandoah National Parks. Come out this weekend, make a campfire, and enjoy the Butterfly Festival on Saturday!
www.smartertravel.com
Maumee Bay State Park, located on Lake Erie about 30 minutes from Toledo, Ohio, offers some of the best camping opportunities in the Midwest. The area has two beaches, one on Lake Erie and the other on an inland lake, and nature enthusiasts can explore the area wetlands or any of the three nearby n...
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 4:44pm
I hope you all have a great time.  We have a chance to visit with old friends in Southern Illinois that weekend and if all goes well we will be taking our pod there.  Maybe next year sometime we can make one of the get togethers.  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:44pm

Put us down for Site #137!

We had planned to leave next week to visit our son in Missouri. But the hurricane path seems to be coming straight toward us this year and it's probably not a good time to be gone that long. Hopefully the hurricanes will quieten by then. Earl seems to have gotten small and slunk off to sea.

Now we've got to get our minds in roundup mode.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
PeggyL, we're glad you can join us.  How long can you stay and when will you arrive?

Mary
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>
  Share Topic