r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modifications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifications
    Posted: 17 May 2009 at 5:06pm
Has anyone made any mods to their pod?  If so, let's see 'em.

I am trying to come up with some ideas.

thanks,
James
Let's hit the road!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:19pm
We have the 172 and modified the bunks.  We raised the lower bunk up 5 1/2" for better sitting height, which also gave us a little more room for storage.  Next we will be adding a shelf where the upper bunk was.  We ordered ours with the upper bunk loose.  We need more storage room, since our plan is to do more traveling with it.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:08pm
Please post pics...I'd love to see this mod!

Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:32am
We removed the single gas tank and had a double tank tank installed with gas regulator to switch between the bottles.

Also did the Table mod moving the legs back 4" so that the table will fit up against the wall. 

I'm going to swap out the sewer hose holder for the 4" PVC pipe but I'm also going to add a second one to carry a tripod in.

I'm looking into adding a second battery and also maybe LED light inside the camper for better power conservation.

Peter
Peter

www.rpod-owners.com The only r-pod forum owned, operated and maintained by r-pod owners.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:45am
I'll try to add pictures if I can, but all we did was remove the 3/8" plywood.  Bought 1X6 boards (which are really 5 1/2") and mounted them just above the railings that were already there from the orginal bed.  Connected them with corner brakets and screwed into the walls.  I was also able to find contact paper from Menard's that match pretty good in color, that have a small leaf pattern on it.  Papered the front 1X6 and it looks good.  Looks like a border from the front.   Replaced  the 3/8" plywood back on top of the new frame.  The mattress itself will be smaller in the new position, so I used the same contact paper on the 3/8" plywood towards the front, so it now blends in with the rest.  We aren't finished with this project, as we do want to be able to lift open just the first 22" or so, rather then the whole bed area as it is now.  We want to open just the seating area towards the front.   This was a quick fix as we are heading for Upper Michicgan on Sat and no time to finish.  Hope you can follow my directions. LOL We'll be adding the shelf in the near future and using the same contact paper to cover it.  It will be going where the second bunk was located, because the support studs are already  there.  Another thing  we did was remove the 2 burner stove inside and put a cutting board over the hole.  Star  Makes for better counterspace for us.  I prefer to use hot plates inside.  Besides, we have a microwave now to cook with, or we grill outside anyway.  I'll try to add pictures.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:01am

Here they are..pic's of our raised lower bunk and counter top mod's.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 6:27pm

We finally put our shelf up.  Gives us additional storage.  We had the upper bunk removed for this reason.  We are now able to store our clothes to the back of the lower bunk and still have a place to sit to tie shoes, or just waiting your turn for the bathLOL
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 11:25am
That's awesome.  I really like it.
Let's hit the road!
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:47pm
job well done on the shelf and bed extension
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 7:24am
Added Exterior cable connection on right side of trailer
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic