r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our new 172!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4peas in a Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our new 172!
    Posted: 16 May 2009 at 6:28pm
We are so excited to get our new 172 in mid June!  It's our first camper purchase.  Our two kids love the outdoors and we are looking forward to spending the summer camping without always having to rely on the grandparents and their fifth-wheel each time! Smile

We love the fact that it's lightweight and our minivan can tow it, but the only thing we are worried about is the amount of storage space inside the unit, but we do have the back of the minivan!  Have others with the 172 model found enough space and comfort for everything and everyone?
Evan and Jodie
Rpod 172 coming soon!
Our tow: 2008 Toyota Sienna
billydkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 5:18am
Just picked up my 172 yesterday. We love it! We drove it home and straight to a rv site in Pigeon Forge. We are staying in it for the next 3 days to check things out. The delivery from the dealer was poor so I hope you have better luck.  You are going to LOVE IT.  I hope your buying from OHIO? Thats where we were going and just happen to find one in stock in SC. Wish I would have waited so camper would have been prepared correctly! Ouch
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 2:47pm
Hello...love your user name! Storage isn't too bad..the bad thing is the storage under the dinette is a pain to get to and we have yet to use it. We store most of the stuff like clothes, toys and small things under the bottom bunk...the cabinets are full of food and cooking supplies...we store stuff in our microwave (like bread and napkins)...you need to be a little creative. But all in all we love our 172...its our first real trailer (had an old pop up but we hated it and only used it once).
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4peas in a Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4peas in a Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 6:08pm

Thanks for the info on the storage.  I'm sure we'll find places for things.  We can't wait to get ours!  We bought it from a dealer up here in MN who matched the price we found online at Couch's in Ohio, where we were prepared to travel to get ours, but with the price match, it's easier to get it here!  Hopefully, everything will go fine when we pick ours up early/mid June!  Hey, capringl, we used to live in Mesa, AZ five years ago until our daughter was born and my wife wanted to move closer to her parents (we had lived there for eight years -- heard things have changed/grown, but haven't been back yet!) 

Evan and Jodie
Rpod 172 coming soon!
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 7:39pm
I'd say the Valley has grown..it's pretty much the same just bigger. Queen Creek used to seem far out and now it's (the housing) pretty much expanded to Florence. Maricopa (the city) has grown pretty big...and I think the West side expanded a lot too. I work in Chandler so I keep mostly to the South East side. I am sure you guys are going to be set with the 172...I was really impressed with the bunk beds...they are huge...easily sleep an adult. Look forward to hearing about some of your camping trips.

Regards,
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
motx72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motx72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:11am
Don't forget to post some pics of your 172 & your early adventures!!!  Some of us are just "living the dream" through you guys, until  we can get our own!  Thx.
4peas in a Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4peas in a Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:32pm
We'll definitely post some pics once we get it and get out camping!  Can't wait! Smile
Evan and Jodie
Rpod 172 coming soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic