r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 177 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 9:19am
Great mods, Grand Pod. Did you have to brace the mud flap on the driver's side in any way to keep it from sailing and hitting the sewer fittings? I want to do this mod but have a concern about that.
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:17am
Sistahs
 I didn't brace the mud flap; but you could.  I used 4 1" stainless steel bolts and washers on each flap. The mud flaps hang down 93/4"  from the bottom of the fender and there is at least 4" from the bottom of the mud flap to the sewer pipe if it was straight out so it wouldn't  touch the sewer pipe. Just finished 2384 mile trip with no problem.
 I did have to notch out for the r-dome skirt track on the passenger side.
 Each mud flap measures 91/2" wide by 12" long before mounting. Got 4 out of a mud flap from NAPA. 
 Tom
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

IrishVanilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishVanilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:40pm
Excellent pic, thanks much, love your mods.  We are shopping right now for a 177, hope to get one by Aug 1st.
Mary & David
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:27pm
Have any 177 owners considered collasping shelfs under the windows ? The kind that when the supports are folded the shelf swings down ? I think Ive seen one here, but can't remember where ....
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

Have any 177 owners considered collasping shelfs under the windows ? The kind that when the supports are folded the shelf swings down ? I think Ive seen one here, but can't remember where ....
Happyrpod has one in her 174's kitchen and posted pictures.   Craig has made one for me too and I am putting on the finishing touches and will try to get pictures soon.  Ours has a different support system -- hopefully it will work.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:39pm
SmileHere's the table we built & I use all the time.  It has a card table bracket on the side that lets it go flush against the wall so drawers can pull out when tables not in use & it also has a locking pin on the left that locks it to other counter for strength in holding crockpot or ect.  One of the most used mods we have yet to do to pod!!!.
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
gefjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gefjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:05am
Like the mods. Can you tell us where you found the hinge for the cabinet over the sink. The one we bought is too long.
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 3:39pm
gefjo
 Sorry it took so long to get back to you but was in Cancun Mexico all of last week on family vacation. I bought the hinge at Lowes. It is a Gatehouse Lid Stay; Part number 0311972 left side . Welcome  to the forum.
 Tom
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

gefjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gefjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 4:14pm
Thanks for the source information. Bought and installed it.
gefjo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic