r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - pick-up trailer R-Pod 177 at Couch RV on May 24/10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pick-up trailer R-Pod 177 at Couch RV on May 24/10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayak nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pick-up trailer R-Pod 177 at Couch RV on May 24/10
    Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:46am
We have been waiting for this day to come. We are getting a little bit excited.  This is the first time that we are going to travel to the USA to pick up a trailer.  The dealer was very fast in responding to any questions that we had.  Will have to think up a name for our r-pod?  Now if I can find a way to carry a kayak on the pod!!!!

Kayak Nut
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:20am
My TV is a Mazda Tribute. Strap the yak on the roof rack and yahooooo!

I can't camp without water - and I can't have water without the yak!

Welcome to the wild and wooley world of R-Pod snobs. We've got the best rigs in the world, regardless of the model you choose. I'm sure you will have many great times and will get a lot of enjoyment out spending off time making mods so the Pod will be "yours."

Sometimes Lil Harry (4 legs) and I go to the storage yard, string an extension cord, and fire up the laptops and printer to work from a fresh perspective. The Pod is a great mobile office. I even took it downtown to our office co-op so that I could have some quiet time before a big client presentation. Now that's what I call flexibility.

Again, welcome to our world.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 1:27pm
Oh Yak, I had to laugh at going down to the storage yard to sit in the pod.  Ours is in the backyard, where it's plugged into 30amp service 24/7.  Sometimes when I get missing, the DW knows to come looking for me in the pod.  Most always taking a nap.  If it's too cold, I have a ceramic heater plugged in.  If it's too hot, the A/C is on.  If inbetween, the windows are open.  WOOHOO almost as good as camping.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 3:26pm
You guys are making me smile. Big smile  Clap
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:07am

We also travel with kayaks.  We will be taking them to the roundup to try in the river.  We will probably leave the yakboard at home and take the Carolina and the America.   The dog fits in front of me in the America.  I agree, just strap them onto the vehicle and you are good to go.  

If you are going to the roundup and bringing your boat, maybe we can float together. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 8:00am
We have a couple of Sterns inflatables we plan to bring.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:02am
Huron, you know the old saying - "Whatever floats your boat." I kinda think it should be - Whatever boat you float -- is good for me. If you have an old bathtub with an outboard, then get it to the water. You can rest up in the Pod when ur done playing.

Went to our Camping World yesterday. It was stormy so we couldn't go camping. The next best thing is to go to the camping STORE. Got a one tire leveler for the Pod. Picked up some pink flamingo tacky lights (a family joke), tacky light clips, a mat for the step and assorted odds and ends that just leaped into the the basket as I strolled by.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
LindiJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LindiJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:14am
Welcome to the forum and welcome to pod ownership!  That is quite a trip you are taking to pick up your pod!  Enjoy your time in the US!
2010 R-172
2005 Ford Explorer
DH, Me and little pouch
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:13pm
Yeah, isn't it strange how things just jump into your basket at Camping World.  Glad to know I'm not the only one to have had this happen.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 6:00pm
Hi kayak nut, congratulation!  I also have not figured out how to transport my kayak. I used to just throw it in the back of my pickup but I think it will stick out to far with the pod behind. I have an 11'8" yak in a 6' bed. I can't lift the yak over my head so am looking for alternatives to an overhead bed rack. I really do love to kayak so I need to solve this. Maybe start weightlifting.
Linda-Maryland-Chev 2500-171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic