r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod Plant Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:37pm
Great report. Thank you so much for posting all the pictures. They were fascinating - and we now have an idea where to find studs if we should decide to actually drill into the walls.

Over the past few months I've come to realize that you are one of those perfectionists among us. If you were impressed by the quality of the production process, that's really saying something.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:20pm
Steve
I picked up an MPG brochure but it is in the truck.  I will find it tomorrow and let you know what the width is if it is cited.  I do know that it is longer and higher than the Pod.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:39pm
Very Interesting Perspective on the Pod Sandpiper. The pictures are comforting, and with your added descriptions they become very realistic.

This is an excellent view inside the Pod ..... Thanks for the insight, and the pics !!!

Thumbs Up
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:58am
Great shots, but I wish you could show us how the roof is framed - did you get any shots of that part of the process?  Thanks!
The Chicken Ranch Ea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Chicken Ranch Ea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:58am
Superb Post!
The Chicken Ranch East
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:35am
tedbear
Sorry, I don't have any shots of that to share.  But I can assure you it is done in a structurally sound and similar manner to the side walls.  I can tell you the skin for the front, roof and back is one continuous piece well  supported,  well insulated , well sealed and installed with great care.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
popgoesweasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popgoesweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 11:52am
here is the URL to the MPG specs.  The coach is 77" with 8' total.

Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by popgoesweasel popgoesweasel wrote:

here is the URL to the MPG specs.  The coach is 77" with 8' total.

Thanks for getting that.

If the MPG is required to have the triple lights along with the front and rear fender lights to comply with the 80-inch rule, then it seems the Pod would have to have them too. Both have a coach width less than 80" but a total width (including wheels/fenders) wider than 80".

If anyone hears a final word on this, please post it here. We're supposed to pick up our pod very soon in Hamilton and I'd like to have them make any required modifications while they still have the trailer. I will also follow up on this issue with Brannon when he calls to let us know our Pod is ready for pickup and will post his response here.

Take care,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by tedbear tedbear wrote:

The jack does not retract high enough as it is, as many people have reported it scraping the ground (happened to me once, too).  I added a wheel to mine anyway just to test it, and it touched the ground when the camper was hooked to my car.

Perhaps if one could cut some of the lower jack post off, it would allow room for a wheel?

tedbear
The boat trailer we had had the same problem with the jack being too close to the ground.  We had a removable wheel which was removed any time the trailer was in tow and re installed before we unhooked from the tow vehicle.  That worked out well for the boat trailer and I plan to purchase a wheel from the jack manufacturer for the R Pod and remove it when we tow the R Pod.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 1:56am
We purchased the Wheel and the Foot from the manufacturer and we're using the foot at the camp. I'm sure the Wheel will be great for moving the Pod on a level surface. For the most part we will be using the foot. Not as snug as I had hoped for, but it don't get more snugger(?) than from the manufacturer.
We have touched the jack once in the driveway. It is close, but so far so good. We too add the foot before detachment, and remove before towing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic