r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Recipes and Food Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Convection Microwave Tips and Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:05pm
Dumb question! Do you remove the spinner thing under the glass plate before using it in convection.
Ready to pod around.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 10:32am
I don't.  I've only had a chance to use the convection oven a couple of times, but it does work pretty well.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:51pm
Thanks, we will keep out fingers crossed. I would suspect that if it is a Sunbeam then the directions are similar. Clark
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 12:10am
What are the best cooking dishes for a micro/ covection oven? Such as size, material etc. I like to bake:)
Retired Roxy
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 8:56am
We got silicon bakeware. Good for both modes and no worry about brakage.
Ready to pod around.
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 3:20pm
One of our favorites is Bisquick Complete Mix. They come in a 7.75 Ounce package in plain or three cheese. All you do is add a ½ cup of water and cook for 7 minutes in your convection oven. They are a great additions for any meal. Another advantage is they will store for a long time so no spoilage.

Clark
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 9:55pm
Has anyone mickeymoused cooking racks for the microwave/convection oven?
Retired Roxy
Hikergrl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hikergrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 5:26pm
never used a convection oven, decided to try it out while hooked in at the house.  OMG, this is AWESOME!!   baked pillsbury grands biscuits and tollhouse cookies!  I putin half the time required and added minutes til done.  biscuits and cookies were awesome,!  just have to do by minute, cant add by 30 secs, but was really good.    Ill be looking at the recipes but really only the biscuites/cookies and potato is all we need as all the rest we cook outside, mmmmmTongue
Vince & Renee
2010 RPod 171
2011 Subaru Outback

Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 10:41pm
We like the ease and simplicity of the Bisquick biscuit mix too.  But I've been baking them in my toaster oven because I am too stupid to learn how to use the micro/convection oven in the Pod.  *blush* 
I'd rather be Podding. :)
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 4:50pm
OK, we went camping this weekend and I finally decided to Woman UP and figure out how to use the oven!  Microwaved some popcorn one night, and baked muffins the next morning.  :D  It wasn't as hard as I thought to use a convection oven.  :)
I'd rather be Podding. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic