r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towing an r-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:01am
The risers are fairly easy to install. It comes with instructions and anyone with a jack and some tools would be able to install that. With that in mind, you could do it yourself, go to your nearest RV place, or even a mechanic and they should be able to get it installed in under an hour.

As far as riser cost, they should be around $250, depending on where you get it from. Well worth the investment. I noticed better towing right away with it.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
0327wanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0327wanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 12:57pm
Thanks so much for the info. I've a mechanic with a shop as a family member and the Pod is stored there for the winter. How easy is that? I'll phone the place I bought the Pod from and see what they say as they are a Forest River dealer. If it brings it up that much I wonder do you need a drop hitch if it's being pulled by a 3/4 ton truck?
0327wanda
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 4:18pm
0327wanda,
You might want to contact Forest River directly for a price on the risers.  We got ours for $100 and someone after that got them for $75.  The contact info is as follows:

Susan Thornberg
Phone 574-642-3119 ext 205
E-mail  sthornberg@forestriverinc.com

It's worth a try to contact Susan first.  No sense paying more than you need to, especially if you have a family member who will install them for you.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic