r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19 inch TV, Table legs, etc with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19 inch TV, Table legs, etc with pics
    Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:40am
OK- finally had time to post some of the mods we have been working on this winter. First- the 19 inch TV/DVD combo was an easy mount by adding a piece of plywood into the microwave cabinet to support the swivel mount. The hard part was finding the right mount that would easily come off for travel. Here it is before we put the front panel back over the microwave:

Here is the bracket that stays on the wall, how it attaches to the TV and the box it came in:

And here is the view from the side:

We will run the elecric on an extension cord and when we hook up to cable, we pass the cable cord through the slide which is very handy.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:48am
We changed out the "ironing board" table legs to RV pedestal table legs- easy off to convert the table to a bed. We drilled them into a piece of plywood covered with carpet so the table moves easily (stole that idea from someone!). While we usually keep the bed made up full time, we do occasionally use it as a dinette but hated the legs it came with. On the left you can see our 3 inch memory foam mattress with all of the bedding on it just rolled up and away to the side.

Speaking of table- I LOVE my low profile sofa table purchased at Pier One:

Also for extra kitchen counter space here is a cutting board purchased from camping world that fits perfectly and the Dometic cover made for our burners. We had to mount it by drilling two holes in the rear, but it then flips up to act as a back splash:
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:54am

And here are the curtains- 2 pairs of kitchen tiers purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond (we left the miniblinds in all areas but the 'bedroom'.

And finally the 4 tier bathroom organizer on a spring loaded pole purchased at WalMart (it is not easy taking pictures in that bathroom!). Can't tell from the picture, but it really is out of the way even when sitting on the throne.

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 3:56am
Other mods finished this winter that others have posted pictures of: Spare tire moved to tongue, bike rack to rear, Battery cut-off, electric hot-water heater toggle switch to inside.

Now, we just need spring to get here!!!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:25am
Those are great mods.  Thanks for sharing. Clap
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:34am
Great Post Tusten !!! Excellent Mods .... Thank-You for the pics!
That stove top cover Rocks !
The Head organizer appears to work great.
Nice table Mod !!
And of course all TV Mods are good ....

Great Stuff !! We can't wait for the slightest hint of Spring.
Will bring Astro home and show it some attention !
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 12:11pm
Great job.  We have the same table leg only we have the tripod for the bottom.  It doesn't attach to the floor so it is easy to pick up and move outdoors.  Thanks for sharing.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:14pm
OMG, I just LOVE MODS!  I really like all of those but the stove cover and the low profile table is great!  I'm going to have to check out our local Pier One. 
I saw the bathroom organizer in Walmart last month... Its on the list of things to get in the spring.
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:28pm
Has anyone removed those thingys on top of the windows?  The ones with matching fabrics?  I want mine GONE.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:41pm
I have taken down the "thingys" on top of the windows, but to take down the mini-blinds.  I made curtains, and installed curtain rods in the "thingys" and put them back up.  Just two small screws on each end holds them up.  But in our pod the mini blinds brackets aren't on the end of the blinds, and are silver metal latching type affairs.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic