r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19 inch TV, Table legs, etc with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19 inch TV, Table legs, etc with pics
    Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:07pm
Sorry, Richard- didn't see your original question until now. I got it at Sears, but glad you found it at Office Depot. Good luck- we just got back from 4 nights out and it worked great. Word of advise- plan better than we did for the height you want the mount to be- we first had it too high as we adjusted it for standing- then realized we will mainly be watching from the couch or bed or dinette (sitting) so it worked best to mount it as low on the microwave cabinet as possible. What you see in the picture is actually our second (lower) placement.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
rlfoxworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlfoxworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:28pm

Found them online through Office Depot.  Premier Mounts..

Richard, Angela & Justin (Two & a Half Pioneers)
Exploring with our "Pioneer-Pod"
R-Pod 175 - 2010 Toyota Tundra
rlfoxworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlfoxworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 11:23pm
Thanks for all the great mod ideas...

Where can I find the tv mount you have shown?

Thanks...

Richard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 5:25pm
That table really is a mother, but I don't think you could go with something lighter if using it as a queen bed support. Visions of both of us falling through the bed, butts on floor at 3am is FAR from a pretty sight LOL
We did choose to leave the entertainment cabinet and small TV where it was. I know some have found they hit their head on it, but it never bothered me. I actually use it as a "night stand" for easy access to items like chap stick, asthma inhaler, and even the remote control- since I sleep against the wall and can't reach the pouches (which lose smaller items anyway). We also didn't want to deal with covering holes after taking it down, and John thought the (dare I say it!) resale value would hold better with it where it is.....not that we have ANY plans to ever sell it, but it never hurts to plan ahead! 

Ted- if you are planning to place a receiver in your kitchen area- the slide makes a wonderful pass-through for a cable from the satellite. That is how we get the cable in to our new TV so we don't have to run a line all the way from the jack in the entertainment cabinet.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:09am
I believe we are removing the small TV unit that came w/Astro due to the fact that we are going to remove the cabinet above the bed. Not sure what we'll do with it.
We got a Sat-Go TV & we hope with the sink cover and the burner cover there will be sufficent area to set the TV. This is all speculation due to the fact that we don't have access to Astro.
The Mount is an excellent Idea !!! Good to see pics of it being successful !!!

The table that came with the Pods, I believe, is to heavy to work it off a hinge, as opposed to operating it with the Legs it comes with.
A lighter table would be advised. I believe that someone has done that kind of mod. You'd have to search the posts for "table Mod" or something like that. If I find the thread I'll post it.

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:54am
I REALLY like the tv on the microwave wall and that you can take it down when you put the slide in. I also have a 174 and the tv just isn't in the right place when you're using the dinette for a bed. Did you just leave the original tv in there? I think I would. I think that mod is on my list. I had already gotten the sink cover from CW and love it. I've just been putting a cutting board on the stove when I need more counter space. The table legs are an issue with me. I would just as soon leave the table down as fight with it to put the legs down or up. I wish I could attach the table to the wall with one of those swing arm thingies like you sometimes see in the newer rv's. NO legs would be great for me.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:41am
I too have the burner cover and really like it.  I did not attach it to the countertop.  We took of the hinge and modified it a bit ( We--my husband) so that it would sit level.  The only reason that I did not want to attach it to the counter was that I did not want to lose access to the small space behind the stove when I cook.  I put things that I may need back there.   If anyone wants to know what the modification is, I will ask Craig when (if) he gets home from work.   Can't get into the pod right now as we are getting 2 to 3 feet of snow right now.  
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:25am
Hmmm- that lead to about a 5 minute discussion until John just went out with a magnet and it stuck, thus ruling out my guess that it is aluminum. The magnet test revealed it to be steel with a hard plastic edge in front that forms the lift "handle". Sorry I can't be more specific!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:13am
Tusten, what material is the stove cover made from?

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:18am
Thanks for the link Tusten .... its on our list !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic