r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best dealer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best dealer
    Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 10:12pm
Just wondering if anyone has made the trip to Couchsrvnation in Ohio to purchase their pod.
We are in WI and could buy here or in MN but the savings seem to be considerably better by driving to Ohio (my birthstate).  Is is worth the trip and will dealers in WI service the our new "podbud"?
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 10:39pm
We are in Springfield, IL and we drove to Couch's .  We estimate we saved about $5K.  To us, it was worth it and they gave such great customer service...from the guy who originally took our order who is no longer there to the guy who took over...We got a once over by Brian at RV Nation and he was very informative.  (if I could have kidnapped him for future info, I would have!!!)

We had a 100% possitive experience with them.  Down the road, if and when we decide to "trade up" we would definitely consider buying from them again....even though it is a 5.5 hour drive each way...

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 11:00pm

IMHO Couch's RV Nation is worth the trip. Not only in relationship to the price, but they are the best dealer you'll ever deal with.

Does your local dealer sell r-Pods ???  Ours didnt and they have no problem doing service on our 177. When our local dealers wife saw the r-pod in their lot awaiting winterizing, she was hoping it was her Christmas present .. !!

They had heard all about Couch's and were very impressed with the r-Pod. He gladly did work for us and we plan on sending our business his way. We were lucky !!!

Some situations dont turn out so well.

I would always first approach your local dealer and see if they could get close to RV Nations price. It may help you in the long run to be able to take your pod there should warranty work be required.

We had a great buying experience at Couch's !! They were friendly, helpful, and informative.
It reminded me of sitting around a fire roasting hot-dogs at a state park camp grounds with friends you hadn't met till you pulled in.

But the final decision should be yours. Good Luck !!!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 12:49am
rpoders2b

I'm curious if you have tried Horn's Rv in Sheboygan or Country Campers in Lake Mills,  WI.  We purchased ours from Horn's and felt we got a great deal and they were great to work with, similar to those in OH.  Dealers do not have to honor anyones else's warranty from another dealer, so you could have issues if you needed warranty work.   The Madison camper show is this weekend and the Milwaukee camper show is the weekend of the 27th.  They usually have their show special prices during these shows.  It might be worth it for you to check them out.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:06am
Ellen,   We made the trip to Couchsrvnation from way south louisiana
its right at 1000 miles each way and never regretted doing it. Those
guy's at RVNation are a class act. Not only do they give you the best
price but they really blow the competition away with the price. They will
bend over backwards to help in any way and to answer any questions
you have. Also any dealer that carries Forest River RV's should honor
be glad to do any warranty work. They make the same amount of money
from Forest River for doing the warranty work no matter where the RPOD
comes from...The sales person Brannon is great and as stated earlier
Brian did our walk through and showed us everything and gave us great
advise. He say's to call his cell anytime we have any question....
I highly recommend them and will be calling them for my next RV.
That is if we ever get tired of RPOD! LOL Good Luck and welcome to our forum..
Gator & Tammy
2010 r-pod 177 "LoadeD"
'06 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 RED
Houma, La.
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:39am
I'm lucky, blessed and spoiled.  Couch's is my local dealer and they are great to work with. 

Keep in mind that your dealer in WI should be a little more expensive since the unit has to be shipped a bit further. 
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:50am
Hello new friends!
I have tried the dealer in Lake Mills and looked at Horn's prices...both $4500 over Couch's for the one we want (172).  We have been to Country Campers a couple times and like them very much.   Right now, for retirement, it's all about saving some change if we can :)  Thanks for all your suggestions.  We had planned to go to the show next weekend!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:59am
When you say "looked at" are you looking at their "suggested" price?  Have you gotten an actual price quote?  Cuz what you are telling me is you can get a 172 for $6500 at Couch's based on what we paid for ours at Horn's.  If that is true, then Couch's do have a good price. 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 2:36pm
Well, all I can share with you is that Horn's and Country Campers had a price of $16,500 on their respective websites.  Couch's sent me an email with a price quote of $11,900 for a 172.  Of course no one has posted/emailed a price of $6500.  We did not ask for a quote from the two dealers in WI.  I am assuming by your kind suggestion, that we should do that.  Thanks for your help.
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:25pm
Got ours at Lazy Days in Seffner Florida.  They deal.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic