r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RPod vs. Casita vs. Aistream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod vs. Casita vs. Aistream?
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:57am
Why is the Rpod better than the other two?
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 10:09am
I don't know if the R Pod is "Better" than the other two.  It all depends on what you want, how you will use it , how much money you want spend , what all is included in the price, the quality of the product so there are ,in my opinion, to many variables to say "Which is better." 
I would rephrase the question to "What good quality product can I purchase for the money I have available that will provide the accommodations I want to have."   In our case the R Pod furnished the quality we desired, the accommodations we wanted,   at a price we felt we could afford.

We looked at the other two products and for different reasons felt they didn't fit our search criteria.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 10:39am
I love the look and quality of Airstreams and hope to own one someday, however, the 25 foot is the smallest model with a queen bed and we would have neeeded a new TV for that one. We are also weekend campers for now and wanted someting small, efficient and "different" than everything else out there. Casita is hard to find (aren't they the ones that set you up with an owner in your area to see them?) and we didn't think too long or hard about it.....Rpod just seem to fit the bill for us and I doubt we will ever regret the decision.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
gc24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 11:03am
Ok, thanks. I like the Rpod 175, seems to be a good fit for me if I were to choose it. How is the construction of these? What about the Alto?
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 11:20am
I love the Alto too- light, bright and roomy when the roof is lifted- but I've heard they are VERY expensive for a small trailer (thought I've never heard the actual price). They are, I believe, made in Canada and are also pretty hard to find. Forest River has been constructing TTs for a long time, and if you search around this site  for some particular questions you might have, I think you will find a great deal of information on construction, etc.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
gc24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
Cool, I like the T@da Trailer also. Looks cool. Anyone ever check those out?
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:12pm
You've touched most of my buttons!  I am in love with the Alto Safari made in Quebec.  It costs around $20,000 minimum and service might be tricky since I live no where near Canada.  No U.S. dealers.
T@DA I never got to see but love the floor plan. 
Airstream Bambi is very very nice, also expensive.
I think Sandpiper said it best - what can you get for the money you have to spend that best meets your needs.
We have an R-Pod 171 and are very happy with it. 

btw Grandpod, I also loved the T@B clamshell but in our case it was the guy who wanted "more."
Tongue
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:29pm
I also loved the look of the Alto.  However, when I learned that it was made in Canada, I knew that there was no way that I could get my husband to buy one that far away.   After hearing the price, I decided that they were wonderful but too expensive for my budget.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:01pm
We are known for checking out anything RV.
If we were to go full-time today I already know what I'd get.
As things are now, we looked alot online and decided that the
Pod was the best unit for our needs, relating to weekend camping.
Small, light, large sleeping area, dining area, bathroom w/shower,
large holding tanks, well ... It came w/everything and with an affordable
price, not to mention our Tow could handle it.
Our Dealer (Couch's) also made the whole buying experience very
gratifying.
No one, IMHO, will be able to tell you what you need. Ya just have to
make the best educated decesion you can depending on your needs and
expectations.
Gomjabber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomjabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:14pm

Do you remember what the Alto's cost?
I think they are probably the coolest design I have ever seen, I just love them.
Too bad they don't have a dealer network in the US.

Edit- I missed that they cost 20k  Cry  I just saw that!  Wow!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic