r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying an R-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by cowboyspencer cowboyspencer wrote:

What part of the country you live in?  We were in Guanacaste last year, staying in Tambor.  Would like to get over to Tamarindo and do some real surfing next time :)

Btw all, I got at least one price quote that might be workable - so I might get my wish after all :) 
Great new about the price quote.  Keep us informed.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
cowboyspencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:35am
*looks crestfallen* Well, it wasn't quite as good a quote as I was hoping for - I thought when I asked for an "out the door" price, they'd know I wanted TTL included. 

It's probably a crazy good price, but I'm on a limited budget here :) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:50am
Ok, I got the price I wanted, but only if I pick it up at the factory, which is about 18 hours of driving away from me.  How it works out is I would drive for 3 days straight basically to save about $500. 

And the deal I'm trying to make apparently means the dealer will make $67 on the sale.
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:16pm
What part of Texas are you in?  We are from the Beaumont/Pt. Arthur area in Southeast Texas.  At the time we bought our pod we found a really good deal from a dealer in Corpus Christi.  Now there is a dealer that carries them about 20 miles from the house!  We too had a budget and found that it was not quite worth the trip north - gas, time off work, etc - to go pick it up from the factory.  Weigh all your options and you may find the same.

We had a Texas Roundup in October and had a blast!  Keep watching the posts cause we may just have to plan another one.  Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:23pm
I'm just outside of Waco.  I know the dealership in Corpus - Colonia Del Rey.  I couldn't find any email contact info for them, but if this guy I'm talking to is telling the truth, they probably wouldn't be able to beat the deal I've been offered. 

At this point, I don't see us doing the trip to the factory.  We may try to scrounge up the difference between our original upper limit and what this guy is offering. 
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:32pm

http://www.coloniadelreyrv.com/   There is a place on the first page of this website that says "call toll free" or "contact".  I clicked contact and got a blank email to them.

Good luck with your search!  An r-Pod is great fun and I know you would enjoy it.

Becky
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:34pm
That's a long drive to save $500 considering you'll need to buy gas, food and maybe pay for a motel if you're not sleeping in your car.  That's why we got our Pod locally instead of going to Ohio.  We didn't pay any more than what it would have cost us to drive there all things considered.  Good luck and may you get your Pod!
We live in Guanacaste.  Not on the coast but over near Lake Arenal.  World class wind surfing on the lake if you do that.  I love the beaches but it's too hot for me. 
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:44pm
The beach at Tambor wasn't apparently one of the best.  But we still had a fantastic time.  Would like to go back when I know more Spanish :)  I didn't get up to Lake Arenal but would like to!
nlroller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlroller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:43pm
We bought our R-pod 172 from Colonia Del Rey.  The person to talk to is "Flash" Gordon.  Back in September when we bought it, it was less to buy from them than to have one delivered from Couch's.  Not sure what prices are like now.  We were very satisfied with the experience and would recommend them.  Of course, Corpus is quite a bit farther from  Waco, than San Antonio. 

We were also able to go down and see it before we agreed to do anything.  Gave them a $250 deposit that was refundable.  
San Antonio, TX
2004 Sienna
2010 R-pod 172
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:16am
A $500 difference and all the travel time doesn't sound like the best deal to me.  Especially if you need warranty work.  I would suggest bitting the bullet and work with a local dealer.  Good luck.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic